Hardwood flooring is a popular choice for homeowners because of its timeless beauty, durability, and value. When it comes to flooring installation, there are several different types of wood floors available. Each type has its own unique characteristics, advantages, and disadvantages. In this article, we will discuss their features and when to use them.
Which hardwood flooring you choose will depend on its installation location, the design style, and your budget. Let’s look at some hardware flooring options.
Solid- For the purist.
Solid hardwood flooring is made from a single piece of wood and is typically ¾ inch thick.
- These can last 25 years or more with proper care.
- They can be sanded and refinished multiple times.
- Solid hardwood floors are durable and add value to your home.
- They are available in a wide range of species, including oak, maple, cherry, and walnut.
- They are the most expensive type of hardwood flooring.
Engineered – Better for basements and wallets.
Engineered hardwood flooring is made from layers of wood veneers that are glued together.
- The top layer is made from real hardwood.
- The lower layers are made from less expensive wood or plywood.
- Engineered floors are less expensive than solid wood floors but still offer the same timeless beauty and durability.
- They are also more stable than solid wood flooring and can be installed in areas with high humidity, such as basements.
Hand-scraped – For the stylist.
Hand-scraped hardwood flooring has been scraped by hand to give it a distressed, rustic look.
- This type of wood flooring is perfect for homes with a vintage or eclectic style.
- It is also a popular choice for homes with children or pets because the distressed look hides scratches and other imperfections.
Distressed – Less expensive than hand-scraped.
Distressed hardwood flooring is similar to hand-scraped hardwood flooring in that it has a distressed look.
- This look is achieved by machine, not by hand.
- This type of wood option is less expensive than hand-scraped hardwood flooring but still offers the same vintage, rustic, and eclectic look.
Exotic – Something alittle different.
Exotic hardwood flooring is made from hardwood species that are not native to North America.
- These species include Brazilian cherry, teak, and tigerwood.
- It is more expensive than domestic hardwood flooring but offers a unique look that cannot be replicated by domestic species.
- Exotic wood flooring is also extremely durable and resistant to scratches, dents, and other wear and tear.
Reclaimed – Salvaged or historic.
Reclaimed hardwood flooring is made from wood that has been salvaged from old buildings, barns, and other structures.
- It is environmentally friendly and offers a unique, rustic look that cannot be replicated by new wood.
- It’s also extremely durable and long-lasting.
Prefinished – Quicker & less expensive installation.
Prefinished hardwood flooring has been finished at the factory before it is installed.
- This type of flooring is less messy and time-consuming to install than unfinished hardwood flooring.
- It is also less expensive than unfinished hardwood flooring because it does not require additional labour and materials to finish.
With so many options available, you are sure to find the perfect flooring to suit your needs and budget. Consider the species of wood, the finish, and the style of the flooring. Call us at (519) 438 0020 or drop in for professional advice.
It is important to note that when looking for wood flooring options, it is always best to work with a trusted supplier to ensure you are getting high-quality materials that will last for years to come.
At A1 Flooring London, we pride ourselves on our extensive knowledge and expertise in the flooring industry.
- Our team of experts is always available to answer any questions you may have and help you choose the best flooring solution for your home or business.
- We work with only the best suppliers to ensure that our clients receive the highest quality materials available.
- In addition to hardwood flooring, A1 Flooring London also offers a wide range of other flooring options, including laminate flooring, vinyl flooring, carpet, stone, and tile.
- We provide our clients with a wide range of options to choose from so that they can find the perfect flooring solution to meet their unique needs and budget.
- At A1 Flooring London, we also believe in providing exceptional customer service to our clients.
- From the initial consultation to the installation process and beyond, we are committed to providing a stress-free and enjoyable experience for all of our clients.
- Our team is always available to answer any questions you may have and ensure that you are completely satisfied with your new flooring.
In conclusion, if you are in the market for hardwood flooring or any other type of flooring, look no further than A1 Flooring London. With our vast range of hardwood suppliers and other flooring options, we can help you find the perfect flooring solution to meet your needs.
Contact us today at (519) 438 0020 or online to schedule a consultation and see how we can help transform your space with beautiful, high-quality flooring.